Use this area to filter your search results. Each filter option allows for multiple selections.
Search Results: 20 Jobs
Loading... Please wait.
Michigan Technological University
Loading... Please wait.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
You are qualified for this role if:
- Ph.D. in material science, chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, or a related discipline within the past five years, or will complete this degree prior to starting the position;
- Demonstrated experience performing experimental research on polymer thin films;
- Experience in lithographic patterning, use of cleanroom nanofabrication equipment, and associated pattern characterization methods (especially scanning electron microscopy);
- Ability to communicate effectively by writing scientific papers and giving technical presentations;
- Committed to fostering an environment of safe scientific work practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
You are well-matched to this position if:
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on expertise of thin film block copolymer self-assembly;
- Demonstrated experience with electron beam lithography and synchrotron X-ray characterization (e.g., SAXS, GISAXS);
- Working knowledge of Python or other programming languages used in data analysis (e.g. Matlab).
BNL policy requires that research associate appointments be made to individuals who have received their doctorate within the past five years.
Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Energy and Photon Sciences Directorate are committed to your success. We offer a supportive work environment and the resources necessary for you to succeed.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Tennis, Softball, Table Tennis)
About Brookhaven National Laboratory
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a multipurpose research institution funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. Located on the center of Long Island, New York, Brookhaven Lab brings world-class facilities and expertise to the most exciting and important questions in basic and applied science—from the birth of our universe to the sustainable energy technology of tomorrow. We operate cutting-edge large-scale facilities for studies in physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, applied science, and a wide range of advanced technologies. The Laboratory's almost 3,000 scientists, engineers, and support staff are joined each year by more than 4,000 visiting researchers from around the world. Our award-winning history, including seven Nobel Prizes, stretches back to 1947, and we continue to unravel mysteries from the nanoscale to the cosmic scale, and everything in between. Brookhaven is operated and managed by Brookhaven Science Associates, which was founded by the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University, and Battelle, a nonprofit applied science and technology organization.