Teel is adding a Process Engineer II position to be responsible for manufacturing activities within the extrusion department including technical leadership, equipment standardization, problem solving, variance resolution/reduction, and continuous improvement projects.
Primary Functions and Duties:
Responsible for providing technical leadership and manufacturing support to achieve production goals
• Provide management support including input for employee performance evaluations
• Provide frequent positive feedback to employees related to the technical aspects of the job
• Proactively address and provide input/solutions to quality or performance variances and problems
• Identify opportunities and promote the technical development of employees
• Provide pertinent process and equipment training to technical associates in production
• Work closely with shift supervisors
• Monitor production results and initiate improvements for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), quality, and labor and machine efficiency
• Develop purchase specifications for new or revised equipment
• Implement standardization of equipment families and tooling
• Lead continuous improvement projects
• Coordinate necessary equipment maintenance and upgrades
• Monitor performance against established metrics/KPIs
• Create and help manage visual management systems
• Review work orders for manufacturing variances
• Coordinate set-up sheet revisions within the cell
• Identify and lead projects
• Continuously work on value and cost improvements of products and services to reduce costs
Production scheduling and execution
• Provide input and assist in executing the production schedule
• Actively search for ways to reduce scrap and rejects
• Resolve non-conformances and deficiencies by providing corrective and preventative actions to eliminate recurrence
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical problems with the existing manufacturing systems, equipment, processes, policies and procedures and makes changes as necessary
• Provide a safe clean work environment
• Perform lockout/tagout (LOTO) and stop audits
• Assist in injury reporting and safety related corrective action and preventative actions (CAPAs)
Knowledge and Experience:
• Technical degree or bachelor’s degree in an engineering field (i.e. mechanical or industrial) and/or extensive extrusion experience required.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite required.
• Excellent knowledge of the use of statistics (Minitab, DMAIC, DOE, and Cpk) and Lean or other continuous improvement tools.
• Strong communication and leadership skills are critical.
• Minimum of three years' experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong project management and organization skills required
Teel is a premier, ISO-certified manufacturer of custom extruded and injection molded plastics products. We specialize in complex projects and produce high-quality, custom parts. Teel focuses on the medical, cosmetic, industrial piping, film core, and water treatment markets. Since 1951, Teel has been a proud member of the Baraboo community.
SPE US Office 100 Reserve Rd. Suite B310
Danbury, CT 06810
P +1 203.740.5400
F +1 203.740.5405
P +32 498 85 07 32
SPE Middle East Section Office N. ESO:14
Sheikh Rashid Tower
Dubai World Trade Center
P.O. Box 9204