Responsible for developing and optimizing compounding extrusion processes and plant process engineering activities including: Project management, process development, optimizing machine rates, yields and efficiencies, new product scale-up, screw design, process optimization, equipment and design specifications, installation and debugging of new machines, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides technical support, as required, during production scale-up runs. Provides technical support to daily Manufacturing operations, including process optimization, process development, new product scale-up, and screw design.
· Assists, as required, in the evaluation of raw materials for approved use in new or existing product formulations.
· Contributes to and participates in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions to satisfy corporate compliance to management defined system.
· Participates in the design, development, and implementation of quality systems as outlined in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan manual.
· Maintains a working knowledge of technical developments within the industry and assists with the design of manufacturing systems.
· Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Process Control Plans and FMEA’s.
· Respond to Customer complaints that relate to processing. Provide technical support as required throughout the organization.
· Actively participate in Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) meetings with manufacturing.
· Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives including new equipment installation, validation, etc.
· Performs other duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor.
· Bachelors of Science degree in engineering or related field. 2 to 5 years of experience with compounding, extrusion, or related equipment.
· Thorough understanding of manufacturing business practices.
· Project management experience.
· Continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
· Must be able to travel to Customer sites, Vendors, and between Audia divisions.
· Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing, graphics, control systems and spreadsheets.
About Audia Elastomers
The right TPE material can add value to your design without stretching your budget. At Audia Elastomers, we are a global leader in thermoplastic elastomer compounds featuring a broad range of chemistries. That, along with our ability to listen and understand your needs, allows us to customize solutions based on your requirements. With product offerings based on styrenic block copolymers (SBC, TPE-S), thermoplastic urethane (TPU, TPE-U), and copolyester (COPE, TPE-E) we have the tools to develop innovative materials that bring your vision to life.
SPE US Office 100 Reserve Rd. Suite B310
Danbury, CT 06810
P +1 203.740.5400
F +1 203.740.5405
P +32 498 85 07 32
SPE Middle East Section Office N. ESO:14
Sheikh Rashid Tower
Dubai World Trade Center
P.O. Box 9204