1) Architecture and Design:Â participate in the definition and documentation of requirements, architecture and design of complex systems, based on knowledge of relevant software technologies being developed and/or used in commercial and scientific communities.
2) Software Development: develop, test, document, deploy and maintain high-quality software, including REST interfaces, command-line interfaces, desktop and mobile clients, and front end applications.
3) Research: participate in and contribute to research efforts related to the software, including collecting and analyzing data, and writing research papers for journals or conferences.
4) Team Coordination and Professional Development: maintain a working knowledge of relevant software technologies being developed and/or used in scientific and commercial communities; contribute to team coordination and development activities, including project planning, project reporting, and recruitment.
1) Work in a collaborative team environment.
2) Exposure to fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of software development.
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4) Strong problem solving skills.
5) Use standard software development applications and tools.
6) Prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
7) Attention to detail.
8) Confidentiality related to sensitive University matters such as, strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain.
9) Work on a flexible schedule, which will include occasional late night and/or weekend hours.
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science or another relevant computer related field.
2) Advanced degree in computer science or another relevant computer related field.
1) One year of relevant programming experience developing, implementing, debugging, and maintaining applications with Python or C.
3) Distributed version control system (e.g., Git).
5) Develop user-facing software.
6) Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as Vue, AngularJS, Polymer, Closure or Backbone.
7) Experience with the latest and greatest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3.
8) Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
9) Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
13) Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
14) Unit and integration testing tools (e.g. pytest, Jenkins).
15) Web security technologies (e.g. SSL/TLS, OAuth2, OpenID Connect and PKI).
16) Experience contributing to an open source project.
17) Shell scripting (e.g., Bash).
18) Agile (e.g. Scrum) development processes.
19) An understanding of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08766
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.
BACK TO TOP
SPE Career Solutions is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else SPE has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at SPE Career Solutions.
For questions regarding the career site, please call 888-491-8833. At prompt please press 4. The extension is 1063. Thank you!
SPE US Office 100 Reserve Rd. Suite B310
Danbury, CT 06810
P +1 203.740.5400
F +1 203.740.5405
P +32 498 85 07 32
SPE Middle East Section Office N. ESO:14
Sheikh Rashid Tower
Dubai World Trade Center
P.O. Box 9204