Technology Engineer, Geismar, LA-1805582 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technology Engineer (1805582) – Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to develop in-depth technical knowledge for areas of responsibility and to work co-located with the Operations team. You will be responsible for capital projects, reliability improvements, and management of PSM activities, especially around MOC, safety reviews, and process safety information. You will assist the Daily Operations Team (DOT) in technical troubleshooting, and participate in weekend on-call rotation. You will participate in the coordination of production, maintenance, technology improvements, health and safety, ecology, quality assurance, and work closely with DOT members in a high- performance Team Environment. You will also work internationally in support of the global Chemical Intermediates business as required.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in an Engineering discipline, preferably Chemical or Electrical Engineering, or Chemistry, as well as your extensive professional experience as a subject matter expert within a chemical/petrochemical or manufacturing environment, you will serve as a Manufacturing Representative to plan, scope, and implement capital projects within constraints of an operating plant.
· Your demonstrated success in multiple positions by taking entrepreneurial action to achieve targets in each position will be a valued asset as you manage multiple high-complexity projects of $1M or more in capital spending, and complete Management of Change documentation regarding capital projects and process improvement.
· Your strong interpersonal skills will allow you to effectively interface with Daily Operations Team (DOT), Daily Support Team (DST), multiple disciplines in Technical Engineering Services (TES), Technology Support Teams (TST), and Global Technology Team (CIT).
· Your strong technical skills will be essential as you help troubleshoot problems in the different manufacturing area and support Production Engineers to optimize unit operations.
· Successfully engaging across the organization, you will work with global technology & Operations to develop and deliver scope, safety concepts, schedule, along with an FEL package needed for +/-10% estimate for the pre-Expansion project in Geismar Surfactants. Estimated cost for pre-Expansion Project is at or near $30M. This project will roll into the Expansion project that is scheduled for startup in 2024/2025.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.