Operations Engineer-1805502 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Operations Engineer – (1803416) – Malcom, IA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a professional like you who to support the daily operation of the respective process units assigned by providing needed technical support and process definition to execute the required production plan. As Production Engineer, you will lead process safety and occupational safe plant operations with adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies. You will drive standardization across shifts, optimize fixed and variable unit costs, improve quality, and work closely with other support groups such as Maintenance Reliability to ensure that proper priorities are placed on items in the Maintenance backlog. You will lead troubleshooting efforts when problems arise and be a 24/7-solution provider requiring off-hours support as assigned.
BASF is the world's leading chemical company and its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in a Chemical Engineering discipline and professional experience in a broad chemical or regulated plant environment, you will provide technical and leadership support to the technology group to implement plant trials as needed.
· Successfully engaging inside and outside of the organization, you will interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors, and serve as a liaison with service groups and contractors to ensure production-related work is accomplished correct, promptly, and cost-effectively.
· Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will develop justifications and the potential ROI on assigned capital projects.
· As a role model, you will provide guidance and input to developing and achieving plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets.
· Your pledge to process safety will be a valued asset as you will lead and support EHS activities and processes, own Process Safety Information (PSI) inclusive of Safety Concept, and lead investigations by insuring root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence are identified and closed out.
· Your proven organizational skills will be useful as you efficiently review and validate production data and reports to support the production accounting process.
· Displaying your commitment to LEAN methodologies, you will lead continuous improvement activities by fostering innovation and facilitating change that drives improvement.
· Your respect for the contributions of others will be relied upon as train technical team members and support training processes with required technical subject matter as needed.
· Your demonstrated ability to ensure equipment preps/practices are standardized and consistent amongst all shifts will be critical as you assure the timely delivery of equipment to maintenance.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Business Mgmt PU Systems-63012350
Internal Number: 539598
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.